CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Favorite Thing.....

...is a BOOK!

I could get lost for hours in worlds far away. A week ago I was lost in the Civil War! If you have never read this book it's a must read! I want to read it again and I just finished it. So, after graduation which is just 2 weeks away I sure you will find me in a swing reading the beautiful saga again.



At night for a while I have been reading aloud to the girls after they are in bed at night. We read a chapter each night and they love it! We have finished Charlotte's Web, several small chapter books and this is our new read...


If you have never read the Mary Poppins books get them now to read. They are hilarious!!! The girls love them. They are super silly and so much fun! I had no idea but there are 5 different Mary Poppins books. They are good reads for girls or boys.

If you are not reading chapter books to your small ones age 3 and up I really suggest you start. They will love it and you will help build their passion for reading!

1 comment:

cottage girl said...

Gone with the Wind is one of my all time faves, too! I totally agree with getting lost in it. I love it even more than the movie.

I'll have to try the Mary Poppins books. Never read them.

Have you tried the Twilight books by Stephanie Meyer? Young Adult novels, but SO addictive. I read all three in less than 2 weeks.

I'm sure your girls will love to read when they get older. My mom read to the three of us and we are all readers now.