CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

The Playroom

I have a confession to make. Our playroom for the last few months has been an abyss of destruction! The girl's never played in there. Why? Well, you could not walk into the door! Why? Because every toy they ever owned was on the floor! So, they would climb in pick a toy and bring it out in to the rest of the house to play. Then they would throw it back in the door way when it was time to clean up. Now, I will confess that this was my fault. I did not have the energy or drive to force them to clean it up. It need to to be organized anyway before they could clean up. Being in school full time and trying to keep up with the rest of life...the playroom was on the bottom of my to do list.


Now jump to this week. I'm no longer in school full time. My to do list has grown shorter and shorter daily so I was faced with the word, "PLAYROOM" at the top of my to do list!


So, I put on my big girl panties and jumped in feet first. The girls and I put every thing in the room in some kind of container and pulled it all into the living room. I then sent them off with Aunt C for the day. Thankfully she is more than willing to drag them all over town with her for the day. LOL So I could purge toys we no longer needed.


Once they left the house I sorted through each container and threw out trash and sorted out all the toys to be given away. My goal was to only put back 30% of what we had taken out. Then I started organizing all the toys I kept. I found these great bins at the Dollar Tree that were perfect for the shelf. I put all the doll clothes in the 3 drawer bin. I put all the stuffed animals in the hanging "tent"(a Lowes find)in the closet. Then I moved the shelf and doll house to give a little more room. The finial touch was the Dress rack and wall stickers. I think it turned out great and the best part is the girls are able to keep it clean! So, I no longer have to keep the door to the playroom shut when we have company over.


Here are a few before and after pictures:

Before:



Cleaning out the room:
After:





Dress up area which is between the book shelf and toy shelf:
The animal tent in the closet:


All the bright colored containers and wall stickers were purchased at the Dollar Tree. Really is there anything you can't find in the dollar store. :)

No comments: