CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Good Things Come In 3's

We had 3 new experiences this week:

On Monday we went ice skating for Cousin L's Birthday. What a blast. At first the girls used the walker type things to help keep their balance on the skates. Then by the end of the day they were all skating with out any help at all! They loved it and begged to go back for more the next day.

On Tuesday R climbed up in my lap and asked to please read. She has been hinting to me she was ready to sound out words but she wanted to read a story not just words. I went and got the Science reading Pace for her and she read the 1st three stories with little help from me. N then wanted a turn and read 2 stories. J read the 1st story. They are all doing really well. I will post a video of them reading later today. I'm so happy that I waited until they were ready and wanted to read. They love it and the pride in their faces when they finished that first story was priceless!

I have to say that hearing them each read for the first time has to be the biggest blessing to me for homeschooling. I got to teach them how to read. I got be hear them read for the first time! I got to see the light bulb of understanding go on in each little head at how putting the letter sounds together makes a word. This is one of the many reasons why we homeschool! So many moms miss out on this and will miss out on seeing the joy of each lesson learned. I am so thankful this is my full time job! I'm so thankful I did not miss this blessing!

On Thursday thanks to the beautiful weather we got to have school outside for the first time this year. We sat at the table in the back yard and had school. R said it was "the best thing ever!" While I did one on one work the other two played on the swing set. That is what school should be like for every K5 kid! They worked so well outside that they finished all of Friday's work on Thursday so they got to make sock puppets on Friday instead of doing Math and Reading. :) That is just another reason we love homeschool.

So, Did you have any firsts at your house this week?

No comments: