CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Hip Momma Shoes


So, now that I'm the big 30 I am trying to look a little better and dress more like a hip momma. Yesterday, I found these shoes. Most of the time when you see me I will have on flip flops unless there is snow on the ground but everyone needs change. Right? Well, I was in great need of a pair of black high heels and was shopping for a regular pair of shoes. I'm talking a 2" heel. Then I saw these and thought to myself...these are hip shoes...I could be hip if I wear these shoes! What was I thinking?!?!?!?! Why does being hip have to be so painful!!!!???? I wore the black ones last night to school with jeans and a cute top! I was so hip! Then by the time I got home my feet were in shock and swelling! Pain! My friend Hope who is young and hip...always in heels... told me I just need to break them in. Maybe I'll try again on Sunday! :) The sandals are not so bad so I may try them tomorrow...I would try tonight but my feet still hurt! :) So, Here's to being a hip momma!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, I am with ya! My MIL says those Earth Soles (?? I don't remember) at Walmart are very comfy. It is hard to be hip w/swollen ankles. Which is what I get when I try to wear cool shoes!
L

Kappyp03 said...

Oh, I feel your pain (literally)! I have had this battle for over a year. I did finally find a cute pair of black and a pair of brown that don't kill my feet, but I did end up paying more for both of them than I would have liked. Oh, the price we pay for beauty! LOL

As a daily rule I still love my flip flops, too!

Unknown said...

As a new mom, I am learning the art of balancing my fashion with what can stand up to having a baby. It's a daily challenge.

I like wearing trendy shoes and clothes, but the most important thing is your inner self. Happy soul outweighs everything else.

If you have the money, I like Nine West. Their shoes are softer leather than some other brands and are more forgiving out of the box.