CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, March 17, 2008

Sisterly Love

Lately J has been dealing with some "Scared At Night" issues. Last night she woke up about 1 am with a bad dream. Now, I'm sympathetic to her because I had awful nightmares as a child. So, I went to her a laid down with her for a few minutes. Once she was calm I left. A few minutes later she started crying again so I went to her and reassured her that all was safe. I told her to go back to sleep. Not 5 minutes later I heard talking in their room. This is what I heard...

J said, "R wake up! I need to tell you something!" "R wake up I need to tell you something!"
R said, "WHAT!!!!" J said, "I'm scared I need to sleep with you."

Silence....

After about 30 minutes my curiosity got the better of me so I went to see if they were sleeping together. When I got to their room they each were in their own beds.

This morning I asked them what happened. Did R remember J asking to sleep with her. This is what R told me.

"Mommy, J was scared so she just needed me to hold her hand till she fell asleep. So, I held her hand and when she was sleeping I let it go."

Now, is that just the sweetest thing! Some days those girls can fight like cats and dogs but when they love each other....they really love!

No comments: