Aunt C invited us to spend some time with her at the beach while she was on vacation. So, as soon as the Doctor cleared me from my daily torture visits I packed up the van and asked cousin B to go with us. I was not allowed to go in the water and she was a huge help to Aunt C with the girls. They love the ocean and love the waves. So you have to keep your eye on them and a hand near because the waves would knock them wild and they loved it as long as you were near to offer them a helping hand in regaining there feet! :) We had a great 3 days at the beach!
Thursday, August 14, 2008
August Fun & Corn Growing In My Kitchen!!!!!
Here are a few things we have been up to this August...
Aunt C invited us to spend some time with her at the beach while she was on vacation. So, as soon as the Doctor cleared me from my daily torture visits I packed up the van and asked cousin B to go with us. I was not allowed to go in the water and she was a huge help to Aunt C with the girls. They love the ocean and love the waves. So you have to keep your eye on them and a hand near because the waves would knock them wild and they loved it as long as you were near to offer them a helping hand in regaining there feet! :) We had a great 3 days at the beach!




When we came back home we found out that Mema had won a free family pass to the local water park. So, since I took cousin B with me to the beach the week before and this week she was at camp I took her younger sister and brother with us to the water park. I think L and K had a blast. Mema claimed them as her own grand kids and they let all 7 of us in for free. I think a family pass covers 4 people. :) The kids loved it. I think next year we will have to buy a membership so we can go more often.



I have corn growing in my kitchen! Yes, Corn!!! I'm not sure who thought this would be a great thing for 5 year old's to plant during a VBS craft but I think it was not so smart! I had no idea what they had planted when they brought these home. I was thinking a flower or herb. The girls kept saying it was corn and I was like no way! Then it started growing and I knew....It was corn! Hello people what am I supposed to do with corn stalks in my kitchen???? I mean that one little pot has 5 stalks growing in it! I guess we will have to set it out in the hot sun and see if that will help it "grow" but with all the low temps and rain we have been having I really don't think that will work. :) Any one need some corn for their freezer? Our corn crop is really doing well!
I just had to include this picture of N's hair! This was the morning after the water park! Can you say, " Rats nest?" What a mess. If I had known what praying for a child with curly hair really meant I would've thought a little harder before all those "please let one of them have curly hair" prayers! :) She is such a cutie pie....
Aunt C invited us to spend some time with her at the beach while she was on vacation. So, as soon as the Doctor cleared me from my daily torture visits I packed up the van and asked cousin B to go with us. I was not allowed to go in the water and she was a huge help to Aunt C with the girls. They love the ocean and love the waves. So you have to keep your eye on them and a hand near because the waves would knock them wild and they loved it as long as you were near to offer them a helping hand in regaining there feet! :) We had a great 3 days at the beach!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment