CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Homeschool and a New Look

So much has happened over the last week. We started homeschooling K5 last week. So far things are going so well. The girls love school and are really soaking up every morsel they are given. Last night I decided to give our blog a new look. What do you think? I love it! I also added a new feature stolen from Leann's blog to list books we want to add to our home library. So if you ever need a gift idea for the girls that would be the perfect place to start. :) Last Friday was Daddy's birthday. The girls helped to make him a cake and we went out to eat with Mema to celebrate. My camera was not working for me so I only got one picture. :( It was a fun day and I think daddy loved his new Wii game. Here are a few pictures of homeschool life in the Hen House....


The girls had to have a calendar! They had one in preschool and did activities with it each day. So, now we start each day with days of the week, weather, months and the "Days of the Week" song. :) They each have a job putting up the days of the week and weather.

My Rollie Cart! It's such a life saver. It has every thing! I love my Rollie Cart... each homeschool mom should have one.
Our Literature Activity for last week. We made a literature pocket. We studied the Nursery Rhyme "The Little Bird". The girls loved all the activities...

R's Lit Pocket N's Lit Pocket
J's Lit Pocket
They each made a book, bird puppet and drawing of a bird. In R's drawing of her bird the other two started telling me she was not drawing a bird. I told her she had to have a bird on her page. She said, "I do mommy! He's inside the house I drew!" You got to love it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awwwwwwww cute! your homeschool looks more official. oh well, we can be official next year!