Christmas Eve we had a beautiful service at church. My niece and nephew were baptised! It was so nice because their Grandpa had the honor of baptizing them. Our church had a really beautiful tribute to all the military families during the service. They played a music video of a song, "Yellow Ribbons on Our Christmas Tree" Near the end of the song they had several men dressed in combat gear walk to the front of the church and kneel at the manger. Another service man placed a yellow bow on top of the Christmas tree at the front of the church. It was really moving and helped me to realize how blessed I am to live in free country and not to take for granted the price others pay so I may have this freedom. We all really need to pray for our country this year!
Christmas Eve we spent with Mema. We had pizza, opened gifts and just hung out. Later we headed home where R thought she saw Rudolph's nose in the sky and freaked out to get in bed super fast! She wanted to sleep in her jeans and she did not want to go out to feed the reindeer because she was afraid he would see her up and she would not get any presents. So, J was the only one I could get to put out the reindeer food. I did manage to get N to come down off the porch for just a minute to take a picture.
Opening Presents at Memas ...
We let the girls open one present that night and then we put out cookies and milk. We finished the evening with Daddy reading the Christmas story. I can honestly say we did not hear one peep from their room till 7:30 am the next morning!
Opening one present at home... They each got new PJ's and their Build A Bears each got new PJ's...
This has been a really great year for our family. We are truly blessed by our Lord and Saviour. This new year has started off with a bang. My sister and I spent the day doing lesson plans while the kids played. I'm really looking forward to blogging this year and I hope to be a little more consistent. We love you all....Happy New Year!



1 comment:
love their dress up clothes! how fun. that was one of my favorite things to do when i was their age.
Post a Comment