CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mom's Weekend Away


This weekend I attended E Women Conference at my old university were I spent 2.5 years before coming home to get married. ;)


Liberty University has changed so much since my years there! Can I just say I had a reality check to how I old I am getting while there. We had to park about a mile and half from the Vines Center where the conference was held. So while waiting for the shuttle to pick us up a cute little LU senior was waiting at the shuttle pick up to offer any needed assistants us old women might need. LOL My mom, sister and I along with the other ladies with us were all talking about how much the university has changed since I was last there. My brother and sister both graduated from LU but since I am the baby of the family I was there last. :) Then the young LU guy asks me how long since I came to LU. I replied I came in 1995! He says, "Wow that was a long time ago!!!!!! I guess the school has changed a lot!" Can I just say that 31 is not that old but boy did I feel like an old fart after that conversation. I mean really it feels like yesterday that I was there. Cottage Girl I know you can understand what I'm talking about. Then LU guy says, "I've heard that the rules were like really strict when you were here and they had a dress code." Yes, LU guy they were. It's crazy how much time changes things. I mean when I attended there were like 5,000 students on campus now they have I think 12,000! However, I am not getting OLD!


Now, back to E Women! If you have never gone to an E Women or Women of Faith Conference...GO! It's a great girl, mommy, wife get away! We have a blast each year. This year we got to see Richie McDonald the former lead singer of Lonestar, Mandisa (she gives a rocking concert), Chonda Pierce, Angela Thomas, Carol Kent and Karen Kingsbury! The speakers were great. Angela Thomas has an amazing story as well as Carol Kent!


I always come home refreshed and ready to be a better wife and mom.


Now, It's Sunday the kids are sick and I'm coming down with what they have but thankfully I know we will survive! I hope you all had just as great a weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you are getting sick. :(

Anonymous said...

i laughed about the LU guys comments. strict??? hardly compared to where i came from!!! LU was a party/wild school compared to any other Christian school i knew of...why do you think i picked it ha! so no dress code now huh? interesting. it sounds like a nice conference...maybe some year i'll meet you there.

Anonymous said...

oh, yeah. Uncle Remus was too hard to read. Hear me whining while I said that. Billy liked reading it though.
Leann

cottage girl said...

Man I miss those days! We had so much fun laughing and laughing and laughing into the wee hours of the night. I'm so thankful that LU brought me your friendship!