CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

A Lesson on Plurals

Plurals are not your normal topic for the day when homeschooling three 5 year olds but today I found myself jumping right in without thinking! The girls were learning a lesson on the letter "Ii" and the sound that I makes like in the word " ice". On the page were a picture of 2 mice. They were really cute cartoon mice. :) So, please follow our conversation for a good laugh...

N says, "Mommy what cute mouses!"
I replied, *Jumping into unknown plural lessons* "N, when there are two of them (mouse) on a page we say mice." "You know like when there is only one girl we say "girl" but if there are two we say "girls" meaning more than one.

R then says, "Yeah, and you know what mommy?" " When there are three girls we call them "Triplets" and you are wrong when there are two girls you call them "Twins!"

That was the end of my lesson on plurals! I think I'll save that concept for 2nd grade!

No comments: